Isol Misenta was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1972. She is a writer and illustrator who has 24 titles published all around the world, which have been translated into 17 languages. Some of her most well-known works include The Balloon (2002), Petit, the Monster (2006), Nocturne (2011), Daytime Visions (2015), and her most recently published book Impossible (2018).
Isol’s work has been internationally recognized with the Golden Apple Award in 2003, as a finalist of the Hans Christian Andersen Award in 2006 and 2007, and in 2013 with the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award (ALMA), one of the biggest awards in children’s literature worldwide.
• Petit, the Monster (Petit, el monstruo, 2006)
• Numeralia (2007)
• It's Useful to Have a Duck (Tener un patito es útil, 2007)
• Nocturne (Nocturno, 2011)
• Beautiful Griselda (La bella Griselda, 2011)
• The Menino (El menino, 2015)
• Daytime Visions: An Alphabet (Abecedario a mano, 2015)
• Impossible (Imposible, 2018)
• The Sewing (La costura, 2021)